I won the Liebster Award, so excited with this that it is beyond words. I have been given the award by two different bloggers that I follow. Ali from What Ali Sees makes travelling with your kids super easy and fun while inspiring you to create memories for all those places you always wanted to visit and The Travelling Bookworm.
It has now been 5 months since I ventured into the blogging world and could not be happier with the appreciation associated with this award together with the previous The Versatile Blogger Award. These awards just makes me want to continue to tell you all my stories from all around the world and share my passion.
The Liebster Award started in 2011 primarily as a way of recognizing new blogs and secondary to connect the blogging community. With German origins it is an online-only award given to bloggers to other bloggers to honour them. I can say that this kind of recognition does unite bloggers with each other as you get to find others that are passionate about travels, just like me! I love to read about their adventures and get inspired.
The Rules for the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog
- Nominate up to 5 blogs/bloggers that you think deserve this award and notify them
- Answer the questions made by the person that nominate you
- Create a new list of questions, up to 10 for your nominees which they will have to answer on their blogs
To Ali- answering your questions
- What made you choose the name of your blog website?
I have chosen this name because it is a nickname that my husband has for me and as I go on a lot of adventures I figure they would match.
- Why did you become a travel blogger?
I love to travel and I love to share my experiences with others, so I thought, why not expand my circle to outside my circle of friends and family. It has been great and I got to know other travelers that share my passion and I relate with them and their experiences.
- What is your first travel memory?
My first travel memory are the summers away in the beach with my family. I loved the road trips and the feeling of going away to somewhere far and filling up the suitcases.
- What’s your biggest travel regret?
I actually have no regrets; I just wish I could have more time to travel even more.
- What would you include in a two-day itinerary for someone visiting your hometown?
In Portugal, Porto I would recommend a boat tour around the famous bridge and definitely chill out in the many restaurants and coffee shops around the city eating the most delicious food.
- What place did you experience your biggest culture shock?
In Africa. Not a culture shock particularly but a awake up to reality to see how people live and deal with extreme poverty and still get on with their lives, doing the best they can.
- What is the tastiest food you have tried on your travels?
The best food I tried apart from Portugal and Brazil was in Chile, I just have immediately water in my mouth just to think about it.
- What has been your worst travel accident?
I have never had an accident but have been ill in Peru and Africa.
- Which place would you most like to go back to?
I love to go back to all the countries in Europe and would love to go back to Brazil and Africa.
- Where are you travelling to next?
I’m probably going to Riga in 2 weeks.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
Here are the bloggers that I have nominated to receive this award, looking forward to reading your adventures!
- Ellen from Travelling the World Solo from Australia loves solo travel and set herself in a new challenge for 2017, traveling the 5 continents in 1 year. I can’t wait to read all about it.
- Pat and Sarah from PS – Let’s Travel are a fun couple from Colorado on a dream travel around Europe. They left their jobs, sold everything and are now enjoying the adventures of a lifestyle traveling.
- Sindhu, Shruthi and Sridhar from Interlude Journey are a family of software professionals that like me love travel, food and photography. I love that they travel to the most amazing locations and share it with all of us, giving us some inspiration to live new adventures. Have a look on their beautiful photos.
- Sam from Wanderlust Advocate knows well how to travel on a budget and shares with all of us her tips and how to travel to different cultures telling us about her personal experiences.
- Allie from Coffee and Passport is showing you tips and tricks for your travels inspiring you to get out of your comfort zone and live amazing new experiences. Like me she does all of this while drinking coffee.
My questions to my nominees:
- Where has been our favourite travel destination so far?
- If you had to live the rest of your life in one destination, where would you pick?
- What are the 5 top destinations on your bucket list?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- How did you come up with the name for your website?
- What is the most inspiring travel that you did?
- What is the best travel on a budget advice to give to others?
- Where are you travelling to next?
- What is the saddest thing you have seen while travelling?
- If you could leave right know to any destination where would it be?